Tuesday, April 7, 2009

tub o' fun

I have been hanging on to some empty oatmeal containers while I search for the perfect use. After Little Man and the cats broke my bamboo floor vase it dawned on me--fill the tub with rocks and branches for a spring arrangement.

I painted the canister with three layers of white acyclic paint and a medium-sized artist's brush. It took about 30 minutes for each layer to set and I left the final coat to dry overnight. At this point you can leave it white, paint it another color or attach paper or other decorations.

Drop in a few branches or dried flowers and, voila, spring has sprung! When the pussy willows are no longer seasonal I am going to try putting inside a plastic cup of water and some long stemmed flowers. Even if it gets knocked over the only cleanup is a minor water spill.

No comments: